Saves countless hours of diagnostic time by testing an engine’s health with little or no disassembly.
Specially designed sensors in conjunction with IEA’s diagnostic program can quickly find and verify misfires and mechanical problems.
With engine misfires, many times it is difficult to identify the failing cylinder, even with trouble codes. The code in some cases will lead to the wrong identification which means wasting time on the diagnosis.
The IEA runs in conjunction with the Escope and uses a special tailpipe probe, in conjunction with a tach signal hooked to any cylinder, to identify single, multiple or random misfire. The data is automatically displayed in graph form and misfire counters show how many misfires have occurred on each cylinder.
After locating the faulty cylinder ,the IEA can diagnose cylinder condition through the spark plug hole. With included pressure transducers, the IEA can analyze cylinder pressure waveforms to determine faulty valves, camshaft timing (even a tooth off),camshaft phaser operation, piston ring condition, exhaust back pressure and more. ATS patent pending software grid overlays make analyzing pressure waveforms a snap.
Designed from the ground up as part of a test solution package, you can expect it to work and play well with other ATS products as you build a diagnostic system unlike any other.
- Quickly identifies camshaft timing problems through the spark plug hole.
- Quickly identifies misfiring cylinders from the exhaust tail pipe.
- Finds problem cylinders and identifies them quickly.
- Misfire counters provide information on which cylinders misfired and counts how many times the misfire occurred.
- Will alert you to a bank misfire, random misfire, or individual misfire.
- Checks cranking, intake and exhaust pressure pulsation confirming mechanical condition of engine quickly.
- Checks restricted exhaust system.
- Checks ignition timing.
- Chosen one of the TOP 20 TOOLS of 2008 by Motor Magazine and one of the TOP 10 TOOLS of 2008 by Undercar Digest!
- Converts pressure transducer voltage to actual pressure or vacuum readings
- Powers up and reads up to four Pressure Transducers at one time.
- Can be used in conjunction with all ATS diagnostic equipment.
- Free software updates!
- Free technical support!